Saturday 5 March 2011

Special Bulletin


There was a special function, a special occasion on a special day. Celebrations were on in full swing & the entire village was busy gorging delicious food & endless banter. It was the day where the night would be the full moon, an auspicious day. I was fasting & not to get tempted by the food, i sat on the far side of the house facing the street. I then came across this elderly gentleman sitting across me, who was also fasting. He was lost in the depths of a local newspaper. His eyes scanning & devouring every word on the newspaper like he'd found some lost treasure.

Its fascinating to realise how fast the mind travels, It took me 10 hours to travel 9000 miles across to where I was right now & it probably took him less than a second for his mind to drift from the local town, to remote areas of the country, the tensions in the borders, community clashes, rampant corruption, floods & volcanoes, growing recession, crazy dictators, the underworld, notorious thieves, teenage suicides, dirty politics, never ending court judgements, physcotic fanatics etc. After having transgressed across all these events around the world, when the mind finally drifts back to reality, to the quiet peaceful village I am in right now. Am I wrong in declaring that this place be the best place on earth?

No comments:

Post a Comment